In this video tutorial, we will make an AJAX contact form for simple use.
What are used: HTML, CSS, AJAX, PHP. Workspace: Cloud9. All links to resources used in this article are provided below.
Because of the loud noise from the keyboard, I need to mute the voice in some parts, that’s why it might sound sometimes not nature. Sorry about that.
Hi guys, because the code in this project was quite old (Bootstrap already has v.4 and in these videos I am using v.3), so I updated my code but not yet releasing any video about the changes. Here are things that now different than the code mentioned in this video series:
- About the email server, I no longer use Gmail SMTP, but use my custom domain’s email. If you use Gmail and encounter any issues, it probably because Google requires manual approval on using SMTP on third party app. Please check this link for Gmail SMTP config.
- Some Bootstrap classes no longer work if you use v.4, for example:
- Finally, I add extra fields of checkboxes into the code.
1. What includes in this tutorials
- Setup a workspace in Cloud9 for the project (Part 1)
- Create a Bootstrap form with Name, Email and Message fields (Part 1)
- Add a cover fixed background image (Part 2)
- Set up an AJAX request that communicates with a PHP file where the forms will be validated (Part 2 + 3)
- Validate empty fields and email (Part 3)
- Integrate PHPMailer to send email (Part 4)
You can also contact me from here: AJAX contact form demo
5. AJAX Contact Form – Source Code Download
You are free to use and modify these codes to meet your purposes.
6. Translation Contribution
You can contribute different languages translation and subtitles to these videos by visiting:
For Part 1: Youtube Translate Channel
For Part 2: Youtube Translate Channel
For Part 3: Youtube Translate Channel
For Part 4: Youtube Translate Channel