Transfering Trello boards to another account had caused me some headache recently.
The main thing was, I would like to move all the private boards from company email account into my personal email account.
I had been searching for a while over the Internet with some phrases like “transfer Trello boards to another account“, or “move Trello boards to another email account“, or even “importing Trello boards from JSON file” (because Trello allows exporting the board into CSV or JSON).
Later, I found out that the solutions I got from other people’s answer did not help quite much.
But then there was a very simple solution coming to mind that helped me move my private boards successfully. You don’t even need third-party applications like Zapier or so. And I would like to share with you now.
So follow these simple steps (images below):
- Go to the Trello board you want to transfer
- On top of the board, click “Add members“
- Enter the email of the account you want to transfer the board to and choose from the drop-down list (you already have the new account, right?)
- Set permissions to the new account to be “Admin“
- Go to another account to check if you have access to the board from there.
- Come back to the first account, click on your avatar in the list of members and choose “Leave board“.
That’s it. Really. It did not even take up to 10 minutes. If you have difficulties performing this, check these images below:
Leave a Reply